Monday 21 March 2016

Chen Siming wins World Chinese 8 Ball Championship

Champion Chen Siming. 
By: Alison Chang 
Last women’s match in the 2nd China Billiard World Champion was held between Chinese home star Chen Siming and British legend Kelly Fisher. Chen Siming took the victory 17-11 with a purse of 400,000RMB.
Chen Siming started rolling with a 3-0 lead before Kelly Fisher came back and tied the score 3-3. It was a close game til 8-7, when Chen won the last 3 racks to finish the first half leading 11-7. After the mid-session Chen pulled the game away with a convincing final score 17-11.
Chen Siming had winning records in events like Asia Olympics and international Opens, but lacked World Championship titles in her profile. ‘This Chinese 8 ball Championship is the first World Championship I have won, although I’m not a Chinese 8 ball player. It means a lot to me and gives me a tremendous boost in my confidence.’ Said Chen Siming.
‘I was thinking I might end up with another runner-up before the final, but it was still not bad to finish second so I simply went out and play. I will be mentally stronger and stay calm for future 9 ball World Championship games. You have to forgive yourself and forget about the mistakes you made during games. The best form you can have is the current form.’

No comments:

Post a Comment